Dandruff Problem

How do I get rid of dandruff?

By crystal from Buena Vista

It's expensive but it works - nizoral shampoo It will totally clear up dandruff.

Use a gentle shampoo on your hair (ie, Baby Shampoo) but give your hair a rinse of 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar & 1/2 Water... Vinegar is antiseptic and antibiotic as well as an excellent hair conditioner...and you really don't need to shampoo every day..(keep a plastic, squeeze bottle of ACV & Water in the shower)...your dandruff problems should disappear after a few applications...and DON'T use a hair dryer..
http://www.goog  amp;oq=&aqi=

I agree with twilightgift, Nizoral. It is about $15 at Target, but I bought it about a month ago, and use it 1-2 times a week, and haven't' itched my head since!

NO flakes! Love it!

I use T- Gel from Freds or K-Mart, good luck.

Tea Tree Oil shampoo

Anonymous

Yep, Nizoral! I get mine at Walgreens for even less than Target sells it for ;-) I only use every other, and sometimes every third, shampoo so I can tell you honestly that a bottle will last for quite awhile. The trick is washing your hair and leaving it in while cleaning the rest of yourself before rinsing it out.

Nizoral never worked for me. Neither did any prescription shampoo. Tea tree oil massaged into the scalp was the only thing that worked for me. Once under control, add it to your shampoo.

I have always used Head and Shoulders. Ask your druggist for a recommendation if that doesn't work.

And, if that doesn't work, you should see a doctor.

Try citric acid! I used vinegar (distilled white) for two years and it worked great for me. I don't even use dandruff shampoo anymore. I have an oily scalp so the dandruff is most likely caused by a yeast infection. I recently switched to using a citric acid solution since it has no odor. After shampooing I spray on the solution and massage into my scalp. I bought a bottle of dry powder at Nature's Outlet and mixed it one tablespoon per eight ounces. I have no idea if that is the same pH as vinegar but it is acidic enough to control the dandruff. Since citric acid is odorless, I don't rinse it out. Citric acid is an ingredient in some of the dandruff shampoos.