Sewing Machine Runs Without Foot Pedal

If your sewing machine runs as soon as it is turned on, before pressing the foot pedal, there are two possible culprits. One is the pedal itself. I new one may correct the problem. There may also be an issue with the connector on the machine. Generally speaking if a new pedal does not fix the problem it may be time for a repair shop visit.

I am asking on behalf of my mum, she has a Singer Concerto 2 Model 9217 sewing machine. Her sewing machine runs itself! It starts running when she turns it on without touching any buttons, etc. without using the pedal and it is quite fast. So out of safety she has turned it off and not used it since. I have assumed it may be an electrical problem, but I honestly have no idea with sewing machines with how they work, etc. Could anybody please point me to some sort of direction of what this could be or connected with?

Answers

Best Answer

This is an electrical problem - it could be a faulty connection, a broken-worn-and/or frayed wire in the foot pedal - she may not put any pressure on the foot pedal but if the problem is in the foot pedal wiring, it could easily be transmitting the wrong signal (to operate at a high speed) to the machine; or the problem could be in the machine just behind the connection point (where the foot pedal connects to the machine). There could be a crack in the connection point where the foot pedal and power cords join the machine OR the power point at the mains (wall outlet plug).

It really is not a job for the average home sewer. Most electricians or someone with some electrical skill and training should be able to find and fix the problem but it would be best if you could take the machine to a sewing machine repair technician. A sewing machine repair tech will have the skills, tools, and access to repair parts.

Until you have the machine checked by someone who really understands electricity, please do not run the machine - any user runs a very real risk of injury from the speeding needle and presser foot, or from an electrical shock.

The pedal of my sewing machine, a Husqvarna 2000, doesn't work any more. When I plug it in, it starts up the sewing machine, but I have no control over it. The needle goes on and on whether I apply or don't apply pressure on it.

Answers

Best Answer

It appears that the foot pedal is blocked and this causes the machine to run all the time. If you can take this apart and see if the spring is broken or some piece is broken inside this would give you your answer. You may need to get a new foot pedal if you can not fix this one and see what is causing it to do this.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMay 15, 2020
😷
🌻
👔
😎
🐛

Generated 2020-05-16 23:08:47 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️