Inexpensive Birthday Ideas While At University

My daughter turns 21 on 1 November, right in the middle of her graduate exams. She lives in an university residence in another city, 75 km from home. Money is tight, so I would appreciate ideas for her to celebrate the occasion with her university friends. Thank you!

Carol from South Africa

When my son was in school before his birthday I would pick up different items that would normally be used for a birthday party. Such as balloons, glitter, candles, candy, horns, etc. from the dollar store or yard sales, etc. Then when it was time for his birthday I sent a care package with all these items with some muffins that he likes. He really appeciated something from home and it didn't cost much at all since I started early.

You can go with an 80s party theme and give away 80s memorabilia like Rubiks cubes, jelly bracelets, etc.

Submit your fun and unique theme party ideas in our contest for a chance to win $100 in party supplies. Contest end the stroke of midnight on All-Hallows-Eve!

popcorn is great for everything. who says you need cake all the time. to make it festive add trailmix or favorite nuts. picnics. you can have those on any budget, any style. make a tape, cd, or dvd of her favorite music she can enjoy herself and with friends.

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 23, 2006
A girl taking an online course using her laptop.
University of Phoenix Online Reviews
Cross Stitch
College and University Cross Stitch Patterns
A girl working on online college courses using a laptop.
Taking Online College Courses
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip