Coffee Filters for Small Servings

A great use for coffee filters are single serving plates for chips (or anything that is not moist or leaky) for kids. This is especially handy in a group or class, and combines easy clean-up with much less waste than a regular plastic or paper plate.

By Mrs. Putty from Barrie, Ont.

This is a good idea and much cheaper than paper or styrofoam plates (not good for the environment).

Those half-size or "choose-a-size" paper towels work, too... using plastic saucers would be even better for those small, non-sloppy servings, though, because it's "greener. "

May 12, 2009 Flag

The other day my friend was over and we were having pizza for the eight kids. When I realized there was no paper towels or paper plates, we used coffee filters and they worked wonderfully. I then realized you could use them for all kinds of things, popcorn, chips, M and M's (they won't roll off the paper). I also let the kids draw on them with washable markers. Then lightly spritz them with water, and watch the colors combine. Hope you enjoy this tip.

By Nitajaye from Normal, IL

Coffee Filters for Small Servings

Coffee filters work awesome for tacos and hot dogs, especially when eating at an outside venue. Also, they come in handy for holding fruit slices as they are absorbent. (10/24/2007)

By Melissa

Coffee Filters for Small Servings

Coffee filters also work great for cleaning glass! (01/25/2008)

By Guest

October 23, 2007 Flag

If you like to use paper plates a lot for snacks, here's a great frugal substitute. Use coffee filters instead. They're great for portioning out snacks for yourself or for your kids. They're easier and cheaper than using paper plates for things like a hot dog. It's also a great way to portion control snack sizes, especially if you're trying to cut back and lose some weight.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

Coffee Filters For Small Servings

Love those coffee filters! I fold one in half to wrap around popsicle sticks. They are absorbent and will keep popsicle gunk from running down little arms.
I also take out a couple from the package to use when I am preparing meat or chicken so as to have something to grip the faucets for multiple hand washings. (08/16/2007)

Coffee Filters For Small Servings

We use them to eat microwave popcorn out of at work. (08/17/2007)

By Lynn Beth

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMay 12, 2009
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters