Have A Bag Packed For Trips With Your Dog

I travel quite a bit with my little Doxie and like to have her "stuff" handy. She needs several things through the day so we now have a "Penny bag" for Penny's stuff. This bag is just a cloth tote that can be washed in the washer.

I have a bowl for water and one for food, baby wipes in a little case, her leash and collar, a small hand towel, and a blanket. In the winter, I tuck in her heavy coat in case of break downs. Right before we leave, I slip in a bottle of water and a baggie of food. If it's going to be a long trip or she'll have to stay in the car awhile, I put in a couple of her cookie/treats.

This bag stays in the hall closet with our coats. When she sees me walk to this closet, she watches closely and if I get her bag down, she absolutely goes bananas! She reminds me of the Snoopy dog in the cartoons when he jumps up and his feet twitter in the air. She knows her bag means she's going too. Having the bag packed and ready means she gets to go more often. I'm making one for my mother for Christmas for her Teddy Bear. An unused diaper bag would work well.

By Judi from Elgin, OR

That is so adorable! I also have a red doxie named Penny. I absolutely adore her and she loves to go places with me. I will set up a little bag like that for her as well. I've uploaded a photo of her when she was dressed up as an angel for a pet parade. Even though we have alot of dogs, she is my special baby. There is just something about doxies, isn't there!

Traveling With Pets, Dog with Lei and suitcase
Traveling With Pets
Pets Dogs AdviceOctober 7, 2008
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans