Changing the Color of Roman Shades

I recently put up some Roman blinds, at great cost. But, the colour is not quite right. Can I spray them to change the colour?

Thank you for any help.

By Mia from London, UK

I wouldn't try it. I think the color would not be consistent and it might wear off as you go.

Are they fabric? You could remove them and the battens too and dye them but you would have to make sure that they are of a fabric that would not shrink. You might also have to re-thread the cords.

It might be easier to paint the walls(s) they are against to something that ties the blinds in with everything else.

I made my shades as insulated shades (roman) with rivets on top to attach to mounting boards, and covers to change with the seasonal color changes. The covers attach under the folds of shades with clear buttons.

I'm after some sort of paint that I can use to change the colour of my Roman blinds. They are fairly new so I don't want to buy more. They are made in a quality Laura Ashley material and cost a small fortune.

By Donna

How can I change the color of my fabric Roman shade? They are 48 X 72 inches. The shades themselves are in excellent shape, so I really don't want to buy new ones.

Thanks,
Judy from IA

Answers:

Changing the Color of Roman Shades

Pretty much any Walmart, Joann fabric, etc. can help you with fabric paints in bulk (not pen style). You can lay them out and give them a nice coat of color. Also there are lots of different fabric dyes out there as well, check the similar stores. There are cold dyes, which you might want to check out. This is for things that cannot be washed in hot water. You should be able to get instructions from the packaging, etc.

Joyce (10/15/2007)

By T&T Grandma