Shop for Spices in the International Aisle

Shop for spices and flavorings in the international foods section of your grocery store. You could get twice as much for half the price. Recently I purchased almond flavoring, ginger and onion powder this way, saved a few dollars on each, and got more than the containers in the baking aisle. The quality is good, too.

By Britt from Boston, MA

Oh I know! I was amazed at the difference in prices for sesame seeds, which I like to sprinkle on my salads.

July 12, 2011 Flag

I love to cook and use all types of dried herbs and spices. The prices of some of the herbs and spices are getting way out of my budget. I started reusing my spice bottles and buying the herbs and spices in the plastic packets in the Hispanic section of the store. You can get bay leaf, cumin, oregano, etc., at a fraction of the name brand costs. The other good part about this is I'm recycling my jars and not throwing them away.

By Maile from Onalaska, WA

Saving Money on Spices
Saving Money on Spices
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingFebruary 5, 2009
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
A cutting board with ground spices and fresh spices on it.
Ground Spices vs. Fresh Spices
Planning for International Travel, Coliseum at Night
Planning for International Travel
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards