Decorating Bedroom?

My room is only 10 by 20 feet. I want to decorate this room. Does anyone have any ideas?

By Mohammad from Dubai

If it is just a bedroom, there should be no problem decorating it. If you have to use it for two or more rooms, you could use folding screens, room dividers or even curtains as dividers, to divide it into secions for more than one use.

I would try to have a sitting area at one end with the bed and sleeping area at the other. You could add an area rug for the sitting area to define it as such and you could add some long curtains hung on short rods across from each other with tie backs for defining the two rooms. Good luck. :)

Paint the end wall furthest from the entry a deep, bright color, like cranberry red, royal blue, eggplant purple or bright lemon yellow (not mustard yellow!). Paint the other walls a light version of the complementary color (the one opposite it on the color wheel, see included image). The exception to this might be the cranberry - green is complementary to red, but I don't think that would be good for this situation. If you do choose red for your accent wall, try a creamy off-white, almost pale yellow, for the other three. For a curtain, I think breezy is best, although in Dubai, I don't know how often you open your windows for cool breezes. A thin fabric, with or without a color-coordinating pattern, looks light and cool and moves with a real or fan created breeze. You can easily make curtains with little or no sewing. Measure your window, including frame, side to side and lengthwise. Find your fabric and compare width to the width of your window. For instance if your window is 32 inches wide, four pieces of 36 or 45 inch wide fabric would work great. Multiply your window length by 4 plus 40 inches. Fringe the ends of your four pieces of fabric cut about 10 inches longer than the window frame top to bottom. Leave the finished edges of each piece as they are, fold one of the fringed edges down 4 inches (this will be the side you see) and use clip-on or sew on rings (about 6 per piece, depending on width of pieces). Thread the rings onto a rod (can be a wooden dowel painted to match the wall it's hung on or another wall color in the room, or purchase one) and hang on drapery rod brackets. Easy, breezy curtains in a bright, fun room! Buy your accessories, bedding etc., in coordinating colors. Have fun!

July 20, 2010 Flag

I have a bamboo shade that I want to hang above my bed instead of a head board. I am puzzled at to what decorations would go with this or what colors? Any one have any ideas?

Thank you.

ipaul25

Answers:

Decorating Bedroom?

Think neutrals or Asian. Look at Ikea or Ethan Allen catalogs and if you can get your hands on it, "Domesticatons" (they have a website). The layouts and schemes in these books often follow a neutral or Asian theme. Also, try to get hold of a "Real Simple" magazine. (03/03/2003)

By Fig1007

Decorating Bedroom?

For your room with the bamboo headbord for your bed, I think it would be really cool if you made it look Hawaiian. You could make it really cute. Be creative and put a blow-up palm tree in your room, or Hawaii looking candles. You could even put sea shells. And if your looking for colors you could do like blue, green, and even pink. Just be creative and your room could look really cool. (07/05/2004)

Decorating Bedroom?

Don't know if it's too late, date an all. But I would suggest painting a beach theme on the window wall, either side of window. Paint palm trees, water, sunset, and at bed level, either paint sand color and maybe add some sand texture to the wall.

For the bed spread use a tropical print or woven solid with throw pillow of assorted, stripes. palms, tropical birds, fish, etc. Take beach pail, cut 1/2 and put seashells in it, a beach ball, or two in the room. The wood needs to be sanded and white washed, for the tropical look or dark cherry, whichever you lean to.

Take bed and center it, long ways or take head board off and set it like it is, but back at the window. Or paint the room a nice yellow. Test any color in a qt. first with two coats on cardboard or particle board, to see if you like color. Put a long desk, shelves, work area across the wall in front of window. To the sides of the window use shelves on the desk or from floor to shelf. IKEA always has great shelves. Put a TV on the desk, on the wall were the bed is now, turn the bed sideways against the wall, across to the wall on your right, mold in a large window (about the size of a slider almost if you have the space). Inside the window, paint a railing and a beach scene. Hang sheers from a rod maybe, black or bamboo and give the illusion of a patio. Put sheers on the other window and pull back with cording. On the bed wall, hang posters of vacation islands, hula skirts and top, and leis.

Paint the furniture all one color. White chair, make a cushion in a topical pattern. Hang globes in the room. Put your items in dark baskets, get standing lights instead of desk/table lights, except where computer is have a lamp of some sort by that. Armoires are really good at Ikea, also. They can hold TV, clothes, and books. I got a triple one and love it. It's some large piece made from pine.

Any time you see a magazine or idea you like take it out, and use for ideas. I lean to very bold in decorating, and get my ideas from Better Homes, Home Depot books, and library decorating books. Keep an eye out for what you like. Lean in that direction. You can always change it later. Hope this helped. (07/22/2005)

By J. Johnson

Home and Garden Home Improvement DecoratingJuly 20, 2010
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Guest Room
Decorating a Guest Room
Nicely decorated bedroom.
Decorating a Bedroom
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
🎉
🎄