Stains on a Leather Jacket Collar

How can I clean the dirt and oil from the collar of my leather jacket?

By vjo from MS

December 11, 2009 Flag

I have a beautiful light beige (lambskin) leather jacket from Italy, but over the last few years the collar has discolored from wear. Any way to remove the stains?

Thanks. Jen

Stains On Leather Jacket Collar

I don't know about cleaning it, but when I had the same problem I had a seamstress turn the collar over. I was lucky that it had the same material on both sides. (03/25/2005)

By aurora

Stains On Leather Jacket Collar

I also have the problem with the collar on my leather jacket. What helped quit a bit, but did not get rid of it completely, was to sprinkle baking soda on the stain, let sit, for a while and rub off with a cloth. If not gone, do a second or third time. Am about to try it a second time. (01/07/2006)

By Ellen

Stains On Leather Jacket Collar

I use the new wipes that newborns bath with. They took all the old stains and coffee out of my white leather jacket. (12/22/2006)

By Mrs. Lowe

Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherDecember 11, 2009
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather