Has Anyone Used Rain X on Shower Doors?

What do you use to clean the glass shower doors, before using the Rain X?

By Elainster from MD

Why bother with Rain-X? Clean your shower doors; stop using soap and only use Shower Gels. Get a good silicone squeege [from Auto Parts] and a Microfiber cloth, a quick squeege and a wipe down with the Microfiber after the last shower of the day, and you're all set. Rain-X does work, but the residue it leaves is not worth it. (IMHO)

I've used Rain-X on shower doors before and it works wonders! Just be careful to not let it drip on/in to the tub floor when applying it if the tub is not a textured fiberglass or has no mat because it can make the shower floor a bit slippery!

After a shower, and before opening the shower doors, simply direct the shower head towards the doors to rinse any excess soap off.

I usually applied once every couple of weeks but I lived alone so you may need to apply every week if there are lots of showers taken in your home. ;-)

I am a retired cleaning lady and have had to deal with a lot of shower doors. One of my customers put Rain X on her new shower doors. A few months later there was considerable buildup. I was cleaning the doors and I think she was not reapplying the product. I talked her into getting a squeegie and there was no more buildup. She did not use soap based products in the shower.

We remodeled the bathroom a couple of years ago and installed new clear glass shower doors. I used Rain-X as I had heard it worked so well. After the first shower it turned the shower doors white. I had a terrible time getting it all off. I still have spots on the glass. I would never use it again. I don't know why it works on my car but not on my shower doors.

May 29, 2010 Flag

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors? If so, does it work?

Terry from Cols, OH

Answers:

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

I have, and it works just fine! Just reapply regularly per the directions, and quickly run over the walls with a squeegee after each shower. (11/01/2006)

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

Rubbing alcohol works just as well if not better. Just spray the shower door occasionally and it stays beautiful. (11/01/2006)

By Sheri

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

Yes, Rain-X works great. Use it after you clean the glass. It well keep it looking new.

(02/16/2009)

By E.C.G.I.

RE: Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomMay 29, 2010
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄