Cleaning Rust Off Of a Metal Box Grater

I have a metal box grater that has some rust on it. Can it still be used and if so, how can I clean the rust off of it?

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Fine steel wool is pretty good at removing rust from metal. To avoid rust in the future, don't leave it sitting in water, and wash it as soon as you are finished using it, be sure to dry it well. Then if your oven is hot or warm, place it in there a few minutes so any water can evaporate.

This always happens to mine too. I finally got tired of replacing them and use my food processor. They make plastic ones. I don't know why the box ones rust and the food processor ones don't.

Maryeileen, try using "Barkeepers" cleanser. Just be real careful not to grate your fingers. I have yet to see one of those metal graters NOT rust.

Good Luck. GG Vi

Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalNovember 13, 2010
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Metal
Old Gun
Removing Rust Stains on Guns
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck