Clothing StainsCleaning

Dye from Jeans Transferred to Other Clothing in Wash

My fiance never separates the darks with the colors. It makes me so mad. Last night he washed my brand new dark pair of jeans with his brand new t-shirts. One is purple and the other is yellow. After taking them out of the dryer and folding them I saw that there are many blue spots all over them, making it look so dirty.

I asked my mother and his father if there was anything I could do to get the stains out of his shirts and they both told me there was nothing I can do, they were ruined. I remember that last year I went on the computer to find a way to get crayons out of clothes, so I decided to go online to search for a way to get rid of these stubborn stains. A lot of people are saying to use the bleach with boiling water method. I'm just afraid to bleach the shirts. Please help! I don't want to throw his shirts away.

By angel from PA

Best Answer

Try using Shout Color Catcher Sheets, available in the detergent aisle in the supermarket. Wash the shirts by themselves with several sheets. This product has worked for me.

Rit Dye Remover may remove the stains and the color from the shirts but you can always redye them.