Using It All - Lemons

Lemons, what can you do with them? The tree is probably coming down in the future. Thank you very much.

By Pamela from Sun Lakes, AZ

Best Answer

1. Squeeze all lemons, pour juice into ice cubes trays, freeze solid and store them in a plastic bag in your freezer.

2. Grate lemon rinds and keep in refrigerator for recipes.

3. Fresh lemons make the best lemonade.

4. Bake several lemon meringue pies.

Best Answer

We squeeze half a lemon onto our vegetables each night to cut down on salt use, and when cooking fish we cover with thinly sliced lemon in foil wrap and poach, then eat cooked lemon skin and all with fish. Yum

Best Answer

Boy do I wish I had your problem. I had a kidney stone, and lemon juice is mentioned over and over as a preventive measure. I drink a cup of warm water with juice of half a lemon every morning. I add lemon to water during the day too.

If you have a senior citizen center nearby, take the ones you don't need up there. Ask around and see if anyone has had a kidney stone, they will be happy to freeze any you can give them.

Best Answer

I have a lemon tree and I do everything with the lemons. One thing you can do is make a great house spice called 'gremolata.' It is made from salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley and dried lemon rind. This is good on everything, meat, fish, vegs. The only thing I don't use it on is fruit.

A squeeze of lemon juice makes all vegetables taste better. Look up recipes online. They would have a fight on their hands it they tried to take my tree down. I also have naval orange trees, fig tree, mango tree, banana trees, key lime tree, and a tangelo tree. I'm hoping they all survived the cold. Enjoy your lemons.

Anonymous
Best Answer

You can also use the lemon juice for cleaning and place a few peels down the disposal now and then to keep it smelling fresh.

Oh, and you can use dried lemon peels for potpourri in a pan of simmering water on the stove. Just be sure you keep an eye on the water running low.

Best Answer

This Christmas I made jars of lemons pickled in brine and bay leaves. They are fantastic in north African and middle eastern dishes like couscous and tagines. they are also very expensive to buy. I also made all my own candied peel for my cakes and desserts this year as I cannot get it this Slovenia. Please don't take the tree down!

Best Answer

Squeeze the juice and use as a creme rinse in your hair brings highlights back. Lemon diluted with water sprays even on grass will bring fleas down. Give them to people at craigs list tell them u pick and haul. Lemon rubbed on acne , even other blemishes, then sit in sun, cures swelling and red marks clears up scarring , too. Only need 5 minutes. In winter plug in blow dryer, blow the skin, works also. Please do not cut lemon tree. Lemons have many uses.