Recycled Planters For Mother's Day

As a preschool Sunday School teacher, I had the children plant flowers to be good size by Mother's Day. To decorate our plastic margarine/butter/sour cream containers, I wanted to make them look like the floral shop plants. I took pre-cut foil sheets, set the container in the middle, and gathered the foil up around the container. I also made floral ribbons for each little pot and kids stuck them in.

To go back a few steps, I took the containers and used my soldering iron to make about 10 holes in the bottom of each container for draining, set them on a tray in the windows in my Sunday School class to have the best growing factor four days before I wrapped the pots for their gift home, I did not water them since I wanted to avoid any mishaps.

I taught 4 year-olds for 16 years, took a break when my youngest graduated HS and then came back on board 7 years later when my youngest granddaughter's 3 yr old class needed a semester teacher. Brought back many hands on teaching lessons of God's world.

By T and T Grandma from Benson MN

Paper with letters spelling Happy Mother's Day, ribbon, flowers, and glitter hearts
Homemade Mother's Day Gifts
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day GiftsJuly 6, 2010
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters