Making Egg Carton Flowers
Here's are some cute flowers that kids can make for their mothers and grandmothers.
- pipe cleaners
- Styrofoam egg carton
- miscellaneous plastic beads
- tissue paper (optional)
- Cut egg carton apart, keeping (and separating) the bottom circles.
- Cut tissue paper into squares.
- Because pipe cleaners are part metal, they have a built-in needle. Push pipe cleaner through base of "flower" cup.
- Push the decorative paper onto the pipe cleaner also.
- To finish: place one or a few beads on tip, beads should fit snug. If you only have pony beads, give it extra pipe cleaner, fold over and twist.
- Adjust cup if desired.
- Place in a nice vase and give to someone special, mom perhaps? This is an easy craft, and helps to re-use the unrecyclable Styrofoam egg cartons.
By Starchild from Lamoille County, VT
Read More Comments
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's pretty amazing to see crafts made from unusual materials. Just like this craft I am showing today. I thought egg cartons are intended just for eggs, but I was able to create a thrifty masterpiece out of it.
If your eggs come in Styrofoam cartons, why not recycle the empty containers into pretty roses. Let us show you how.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.