Making Egg Carton Flowers
This craft is easy enough for older children to make themselves. These flowers are excellent gifts. This is a guide about making egg carton flowers.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's are some cute flowers that kids can make for their mothers and grandmothers.
- pipe cleaners
- Styrofoam egg carton
- miscellaneous plastic beads
- tissue paper (optional)
- Cut egg carton apart, keeping (and separating) the bottom circles.
- Cut tissue paper into squares.
- Because pipe cleaners are part metal, they have a built-in needle. Push pipe cleaner through base of "flower" cup.
- Push the decorative paper onto the pipe cleaner also.
- To finish: place one or a few beads on tip, beads should fit snug. If you only have pony beads, give it extra pipe cleaner, fold over and twist.
- Adjust cup if desired.
- Place in a nice vase and give to someone special, mom perhaps? This is an easy craft, and helps to re-use the unrecyclable Styrofoam egg cartons.
By Starchild from Lamoille County, VT
May 3, 20070 found this helpful
hey I took a better photo. here:
By Adrienne (Guest Post)
December 23, 20070 found this helpful
These are so cute! I will definitely keep these in mind to do with my kids.