Styrofoam Egg Carton Roses
January 28, 2020
Place these recycled roses in a handmade vase, or any flower holder. They can be paired with toilet paper roll daisies for a nice effect.
Each carton makes three roses, 4 cups per rose
- Styrofoam egg carton (washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks (a small low temp gun works best)
- acrylic paint
- stem wire
- Separate the egg carton into twelve cups, rounding off the top edges.
- Take four cups for first rose. Leave one cup whole.
- The second cup should be cut, removing about 1/8 to 1/4 inch.
- Remove the center bottom of each of the next three cups.
- On the third cup, cut removing about half an inch (cutting out the center bottom).
- On the fourth cut, remove about 3/4 to 1 inch (remove center bottom).
- Set the first cup on a flat surface.
- Take the second cup and roll the cup to have the edges meet.
- Squeeze glue into the bottom center of the first cup and place cup two inside, holding it for a few seconds until it bonds.
- Roll cup three in the same fashion and glue into the two cups already glues together.
- Repeat with cup four.
- If desired, the large piece cut from cup four can be rolled and glued as the rose center.
- Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup and squeeze glue into the hole and insert stem wire. If adding leaves, glue them to the bottom of the roses.
- Paint the roses using acrylic paints (two or three coats are needed). Colored egg cartons can be left unpainted if you choose.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.