Styrofoam Egg Carton Roses
Place these recycled roses in a handmade vase, or any flower holder. They can be paired with toilet paper roll daisies for a nice effect.
Each carton makes three roses, 4 cups per rose
- Styrofoam egg carton (washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks (a small low temp gun works best)
- acrylic paint
- stem wire
- Separate the egg carton into twelve cups, rounding off the top edges.
- Take four cups for first rose. Leave one cup whole.
- The second cup should be cut, removing about 1/8 to 1/4 inch.
- Remove the center bottom of each of the next three cups.
- On the third cup, cut removing about half an inch (cutting out the center bottom).
- On the fourth cut, remove about 3/4 to 1 inch (remove center bottom).
- Set the first cup on a flat surface.
- Take the second cup and roll the cup to have the edges meet.
- Squeeze glue into the bottom center of the first cup and place cup two inside, holding it for a few seconds until it bonds.
- Roll cup three in the same fashion and glue into the two cups already glues together.
- Repeat with cup four.
- If desired, the large piece cut from cup four can be rolled and glued as the rose center.
- Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup and squeeze glue into the hole and insert stem wire. If adding leaves, glue them to the bottom of the roses.
- Paint the roses using acrylic paints (two or three coats are needed). Colored egg cartons can be left unpainted if you choose.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!