Milk Jug Snoopy Craft

Category Decor
Milk Jug Snoopy
Make a cute Snoopy from plastic milk jugs. This is a guide about making a milk jug Snoopy craft.

This snoopy is made from two plastic milk containers. I used black felt for the floppy ears, nose (the cap is left on one of the milk jugs), eyes, and buttons on the body. I cut a hole in the side of one of the milk containers for the head to fit over the body.

I hot glue the two containers together and put a ribbon around the neck. To keep the body from blowing away, I had put water into it. I use them in my garden, in front of my outside door and/or inside. Lots of compliments.

By Robin from Greenfield, WI

How should I secure the top jug to the 'body' jug so the wind can't blow the top away? A good glue that is waterproof? What kind?

By Bobbie B.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

In the original posting, the contributor said they were hot-glued together. If that doesn't work, then try E6000, or epoxy. That person filled the bottom with water to keep the wind from blowing the whole thing away, but you would need to cut a hole somewhere near the top of the bottom milk jug (in back where it doesn't show) to pour it out again for storage. It might be better to pour in some of that fake acrylic water the first time and let it harden, for a permanent and transparent weight.

I am looking for instructions to make milk jugs into Snoopy dogs in a chorus line. Years ago I made just such a yard display and it was a big hit, but now, many years later, I can not remember how I attached the head to the body so it wouldn't be blown off. Anyone remember doing such a project, please help me.

By Grandma Bobbie

http://thebusyb  -jug-snoopy.html

Does anyone have picture of finished dogs? I do need complete detailed instructions. I have over 20 milk jugs saved and I'm ready.

By Barbara