Easter is a special time when everything is reborn after the dark days of winter. Why not celebrate the spirit of this season by sharing cards and gifts with family and friends. Add a colourful touch to envelopes and gift bags using simple embellishments that can be sourced in the home. Don't forget to add some kisses too, to show the special people in your life just how much they mean to you at Eastertide.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes plus drying time
- blank cards and envelopes
- paper bags
- paints and a brush
- pieces of scrap card
- recycled gift wrap
- craft glue
- raffia or yarn
- glitter glue or rub on stickers
- items to decorate
- a sharp tool to make holes
- Paint the outer sides of an envelope and a paper bag in a colour theme of your choice. Let dry.
- Place a hand-made Easter card in the envelope and seal it.
- Tear some gift-wrap into strips and glue to the envelope to give a pleasing design.
- Wrap a length of raffia or yarn around the envelope and secure with a bow.
- To finish, attach feathers and some "kisses" use rub on stickers or a glitter glue pen for the individual letters.
- Make a pair of holes on either side at the top of your paper bag.
- Plait lengths of yarn or raffia together to make two handles.
- Thread the end of each handle through a hole in your paper bag and knot on the wrong side to secure in place.
- Fill your paper bag with chocolate eggs or a small gift.
- Cut a large gift tag out of scrap card and make a hole at the top of the tag.
- Paint the right side of the tag so it complements the colour theme of your paper bag.
- Glue strips of gift-wrap to the tag as for the envelope; attach feathers and a special 'For Easter' message.
- Thread a length of raffia or yarn through the hole in the gift tag and tie to the handles of the paper bag.
Crafty tips: Mini pegs are a fun way to attach feathers, tags, and other items to gifts. Try using skeleton leaves, painted eggs, or hens to embellish your gifts, too. Make sure children are supervised by an adult when using sharp tools. Happy Easter!
By Anne from United Kingdom
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 18, 2016 at 11:00:16 AM on 10.0.2.84 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us