White Cookies with Marshmallow and Coconut Topping

I am looking for a cookie recipe that my family loves and I of course have lost! They are a delicious soft white cookie that you roll and cut out, then when they are baked and cooled they are topped with a marshmallow topping which is made from Knox unflavored gelatin. You then dip the topped cookies into coconut and let them dry. I have looked on the Knox site and no luck. We moved and I lost my favorite little recipe box. They have always been a holiday favorite. Help? Thanks so much.

Nallorey from SK, Canada

Didn't know you could make those. I use to love the ones from the store. I do have a recipe for marshmallows that I got when we were in Africa if that would help. I will keep checking to see if anyone has the recipe. Hope so.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ ... arshmallow-cookies-recipe/index.html

Look at this recipe and see if you think it would work leaving off the dipping in chocolate and sprinkling or dipping it into the coconut? Let me know. Harriet

Hi Harriet, the cookies are delicious, thank you for the recipe, they aren't the same as the one i used to use but i thought i would share the recipe for the topping with you if you want to make some yourself, 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin, i use Knox

4 TB cold cold water,

3/4 C boiling water,

1 1/2 C white sugar,

2 tsp vanilla.

Dissolve gelatin in the cold water, then add the boiling water and stir until blended. Add the sugar and beat with an electric beater until stiff. Add vanilla, beat a little more. Top your cooled cookies with a good "dollop" of your marshmallow topping, then dip the top into a bowl of coconut and let stand to "dry" for 3 hours. These freeze nicely. Thanks Nallorey

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesOctober 24, 2008
Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
Marshmallow Frosting Recipes
Coconut Macaroons
Coconut Macaroons Recipes
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Coconut Cookies
Coconut Cookie Recipes