Marshmallow Frosting Recipes

The thick, sticky texture of marshmallow can help make a firm, stable frosting. This page contains marshmallow frosting recipes.

Only recently did I discover the wonders of a Snowball. You know...the chocolate cake confection, filled with cream, covered in marshmallow and coconut? Well, I was in search of a good marshmallow frosting to make my own version of a Snowball. The recipes I tried were too runny. So, I concocted my own frosting and put it atop a chocolate cake and then topped it all with pink coconut. (These are not mandatory steps but it sure was cute!) It was a hit. My daughter told me I was the best cook in America when she tried the recipe. I'm gonna have to keep that kid! hee hee

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: Enough for 12 slices.

• 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
  • 7 oz marshmallow creme
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt

1. Make your cake. I used the Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake recipe. The only change I made to that was I added a teaspoon of instant coffee to the boiling water before I poured it in.
  2. Beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed, until light and fluffy (about a minute or two).
  3. Add marshmallow creme and powdered sugar, 'til incorporated.
  4. Add vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix.
  5. Ad

6. Put on top of your cake.
  7. Optional step: Add a small amount of red food coloring to some shredded coconut. Mix with your fingers until it's a pretty pink color. Add to the top of your cake. (My kids don't like coconut, so only a small portion of my cake had it).

One of my favorite treats as a little girl were the pink snowballs. I will be trying this. Beautiful too!:)