Marshmallow Frosting Recipes

The thick, sticky texture of marshmallow can help make a firm, stable frosting. This page contains marshmallow frosting recipes.

Only recently did I discover the wonders of a Snowball. You know...the chocolate cake confection, filled with cream, covered in marshmallow and coconut? Well, I was in search of a good marshmallow frosting to make my own version of a Snowball. The recipes I tried were too runny. So, I concocted my own frosting and put it atop a chocolate cake and then topped it all with pink coconut. (These are not mandatory steps but it sure was cute!) It was a hit. My daughter told me I was the best cook in America when she tried the recipe. I'm gonna have to keep that kid! hee hee

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: Enough for 12 slices.

• 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
  • 7 oz marshmallow creme
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt

1. Make your cake. I used the Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake recipe. The only change I made to that was I added a teaspoon of instant coffee to the boiling water before I poured it in.
  2. Advertisement

3. Beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed, until light and fluffy (about a minute or two).
  4. Add marshmallow creme and powdered sugar, 'til incorporated.
  5. Add vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix.
  6. Put on top of your cake.
  7. Optional step: Add a small amount of red food coloring to some shredded coconut. Mix with your fingers until it's a pretty pink color. Add to the top of your cake. (My kids don't like coconut, so only a small portion of my cake had it).
  8. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes Frosting and IcingFebruary 12, 2015
📓
😎
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Marshmallow-Frosting-Recipes.html