Garden: Passionflower

This plant grows wild in my yard. I have at least four, that just pop up in the spring! The flower looks purple in the photo but is a very bright, beautiful blue (periwinkle) color in person. I had to look online to find out what it was, and then discovered that it will also bear fruit...passionfruit! I hope we can get it to bear fruit this year.

By Boymomx5 from Mills River, NC

We called them May Pops when I was growing up, and they grew wild. We did eat the seed things as well. Have not seen them in years, and might be

leary of eating them now that I am older and wiser. Oh, they were good as throwing weapons at each other too.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJuly 3, 2011
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:25:42 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.