Color Advice for the Frame of an Accent Chair

In my living room, I have a chocolate brown wall to wall carpet, the walls are very light off white, the couch and chair are a taupe beige, the drapes are various shades of brown plaid with a chocolate brown curtain rod. I have deep red accent pillows on the chair, and a deep red throw on the couch.

My question is: I just had an accent chair recovered in a red and taupe material; should I paint the wood frame of this chair a dark brown, or taupe the same color as is in the material?

By R. U. from Manitoba

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would get rid of the reds and go with blues. Blues and browns are fantastic together and create a warm feel and look. I am sending a sample of my table runner for you to see what they can look like.

Hope that helps.

painting furniture
Furniture Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingJune 23, 2011
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
painting accent wall
Accent Wall Paint Color Advice
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:52:53 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.