Solar Lights For Power Outages

When we have a power outage, I bring in 2 or 3 of my solar lights from the garden. They are much safer than candles and can be recharged so they are always ready for use.

By Joycie from Maitland, NSW, Australia

what a great idea, i would never of thought of it! thanks

I also use them for night lights. They throw off enough light to get around. I also take the batteries out and charge them with electricity. In fact, I rarely turn on the regular lights for a few minutes. They are great if you are interested in cutting your electricity bill.

ditto. I too never thought of that and want to thank you for sharing the idea with us

That sounds like such a good idea! Candles make me nervous and I don't use them at all.

However, I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I don't think we have enough sun in the winter to charge a solar light.

In fact, I've never seen them for sale here, but I'm going to look and see what I can find. I didn't even know there were solar lights that were portable. I don't know how long the power lasts once it's stored.

Barbara Jean

Solar light mounted on interior house wall
Using Solar Yard Lights
Home and Garden Emergency Power OutageOctober 24, 2007
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
flashlight in the dark
Emergency Lighting for Power Outages
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out
🎉
🎄