Spring Theme For Church Tea Party Table

By Kathy Hartman 1 1

I will be attending a mother/daughter tea next month. Different ladies will be responsible for decorating a table. My daughters and I will be decorating a table for 8, and I am looking for some easy and Spring type ideas. My plan is to use my

formal china, which has pink, blue and purple flowers and go from there. We need a theme of some kind. This is a church event, though we don't have to necessarily stick to a religious theme. Thanks for the input!

Kathy from Ellerslie, GA

Showing: Answers Sort

By joan pecsek 88 545 Flag

How about bird's nests filled with robin's eggs? I saw these in Michaels.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

We went to a ladies tea at church where they used different quilts for the tablecloth and then set the table according to colors, designs, etc. You could also use quilters items and or antique sewing supplies to decorate the table. At the last tea we had at our church the gal used tea pots and put floral arrangements in them - were really cute.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nancy S. 15 Flag

We had a church tea fundraiser last week, and I was hostess for a table of 8. Each table was decorated differently, which was the fun part of attending. If you have a centerpiece that is where you can have fun with the decorating. I used a pretty crystal vase (my own garage sale find) filled with small roses (bouquet was 6.00 from grocery store). I set this on a mirrored tray I already had, and set small tea light candles around it. Use the colors from your china, and buy inexpensive colored paper placemats from the party store to put under each place setting. That really makes the color you choose "pop" and then you can match the other table accessories to that color. Another cute idea is to tie a short length of colored ribbon (match the placemat or china) to the stem of each water glass. Have fun!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vickie Kibellus 92 Flag

The Offray ribbon site has instructions for ribbon flowers and a complete tea set and "cake" covered with tiny puchased or made roses.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I went to a similar fundraiser several years ago. Each table was decorated for a specific event, my table was done by my daughter who made it a very elegant birthday party, as my birthday was that day. Each table had a gorgeous centerpiece to match the table setting and at the end of the catered dinner they auctioned off the centerpieces, which the hostess of each table had designed herself. It was fun, everything from kids parties, to western themes, and they made a great amount of money that day for their specific organization. We had individual placecards also made by my daughter, fan shaped gold paper, with a block of gold wood holding the fan and the name. There also were tiny boxes with gold hearts, made of some dough mixture with some mints inside. Lovely day, lovely time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

The last tea party I had here at the house I used tea tins that I lined with plastic cups to put flower arrangements in as the centerpieces.

I also helped with one at church in which we had a table set up with china and tea pots from different countries. We had each country separated from the other with a colored ribbon and a tent card asking "What country am I from with the answer inside.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Holidays and Parties Parties ChurchApril 18, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Church Tea
Church Harvest Tea Ideas
Church Decorated for Wedding
Decorating a Church for a Wedding
woman wearing an ornate hat sitting at a  small tea table
Crazy Hat Tea Party
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:10:02 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings