Coffee Stains in Corelle Cups

By Jennifer Henson 9 3

Does anyone know how to remove coffee stains from the inside of white corell coffee cups?

Jenny in KY

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try scrubbing with a baking soda and water paste.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Stanlie E. Wykoff 3 13 Flag

Try putting a denture cleanser tablet in the cup with very hot water and let it sit for a half hour or so. I also use denture tablets to clean my rings.

Stanlie

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marge Mayhew 3 149 Flag

Pour a small amount of pure old liquid chlorine bleach (2 to 3 tablespoons) into one cup. Leave it full strength. Swirl it around so the bleach coats the entire inner surface of the cup.......then pour it into the next stained cup and do the same. Let the treated cups set for 5 or 10 minutes. Then just wash normally with soap and water and rinse,stains gone! I always put a "small" splash of liquid bleach in my sink each time I fill it to wash dishes. I don't take a chance on bacteria hanging around on my dishcloths or sponges!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Bleach is the only answer I found that works every time.......But read your dish washing detergent bottle before you plunge them in to wash them......some, like Dawn say not to mix with bleach, so you may have to rinse well first...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Karen 20 Flag

You also can scrub them lightly with a bleach cleanser, name brand or store brand.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jo Bodey 1 234 Flag

I don't know what Corell cups are but for coffee and tea stains in cups I use salt. Just a sprinkle on the damp cup and rub round with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Then wash as normal. Its just the mild abrasive action, like the baking soda tip, that works.

Regards

Jo

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Bar Keeper's Friend. Wonderful all purpose cleaner.

Check out their website:barkeepersfriend.com

It cleans: porcelin, glass, fiberglass, copper, stainless steel,plastic etc. It is a wonderful product.

Mix as apaste with water. For your cups, use a toothbrush. Seconds you're done! I've found this product at Walmart for $1.70. One can will last you six month or longer. Beside vinegar, baking soda, and windex. Barkeeper's friend it about all I ever use for cleaning!

Happing cleaning! :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I dampen the inside of the cup and then sprinkle baking soda onto a damp cloth. Wipe the inside of your cup until the stain is removed. If the stain is stubborn, repeat. I never use bleach as I believe it is too caustic and destroys the finish on the cup.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just take my damp dish rag, pour straight Joy dishwashing soap on it and wipe over the coffee stain,and it comes right out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By richenda 1 Flag

I too use denture cleaning tablest, boil a little water until it's hot but not rapid, then pour it in and drop the tablet in and let it set about 10 minutes, it also works great in coffee pots & the filter holder part of it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

hot water and Oxyclean. Let the cup soak in the hot water with the Oxyclean added. I add it directly to my corning ware stuff. When I remember to check it later, the inside is spotless.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Use a lemon half. I had some halfs left over from some lemon tea that I made and then while I was doing the dishes i just grabbed one in frustration to get the super dark tea stains out.

It worked. It worked so well I had to call my wife over to show her. Try it !

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I fill the sink and put in about 1/2 c of bleach. Then I pile in any cups, dishes, Corning Ware pots and let soak. Then, rinse well, and run thru the dishwasher and they are sparkling clean!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Oxyclean in a -embarrassed to say this... 1 yr old stainless pot that was black. Already tried the brushes and soap. Not good enough. The HOT water and Oxy took out all the "top" 3/4ths of the black and then I scrubbed the bottom and re-did that. Simply amazing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By neuroticmom 9 144 Flag

I found Mr Clean Magic erasers work great. I also used one with a long handled wooden spoon to clean the inside of my husbands thermos. Wow couldn't believe how bad it was and I clean it every night.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

dirty coffee cup
Cleaning Discolored Coffee Cups
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesFebruary 24, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
stained cup
Cleaning Corelle Dishes
dirty coffee cup
Cleaning Discolored Coffee Cups
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 2:08:14 PM on 10.0.1.64 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings