Mail Order Catalog Tip

I love looking through mail order catalogs. In the past I ended up with many items I didn't need because I would fill out that order form and send it in. Now, I fill out the order form with anything that takes my fancy.

Then I throw out the catalog and put the order form away for several days to a week. When I look it over again, I can't even remember why I wanted the items and the order form follows the catalog into the trash (or recycle bin) On the rare occasion that I still want one of the items I order only that.

By irisbird from Lillington, NC

Top Comment

Excellent method. I've been doing that for the past 70 years. I used to go through Mother's Miles Kimball catalog around Christmas (and other times) and have so much fun filling out the order form. Sure enough, later I could seldom recall why I wanted the item(s) so much!

Unnecessary Purchases
Avoiding Unnecessary Purchases
Budget & Finance ShoppingDecember 1, 2009
Catalog Shopping
Catalog Shopping Tips
The back of a red hybrid car.
Environmentally Friendly Driving Tips
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Woman framed by hanging clothing looking concerned
Avoiding Shopping Impulsively