AppliancesCleaning

Cleaning Dishwasher Pipes

I am wanting to clean the pipes and the interior of my dishwasher from build up? How do I do this the thrifty way and/or something that is safe for the environment?

Jonty

Answers

Jonty

Answers:

Cleaning Dishwasher Pipes

I have a recipe that I use once a month or so, you can do this without the bleach if you wish.

Fill dishwasher with plastic and ceramic plates etc. NO METAL! Why not clean the dishes at the same time?

Fill a bowl with 1 cup of bleach at the bottom of dishwasher, run on regular cycle but do not dry (you shouldn't anyway, it takes up tons of energy!), immediately fill the bowl again with vinegar and run through the whole cycle. A clean and disinfected dishwasher remains, with some sparkly dishes to boot! I assume that you could just do this without the bleach if you so choose. (05/16/2007)

By michawnpita

Cleaning Dishwasher Pipes

Good old vinegar is the best solution to clean your dishwasher. About once a month set a cup full of vinegar in the rack and pour some in your first detergent cup. Let it run a full cycle. On the last rinse dump the cup and let it finish. I also put a cup of clorox in the same way, but maybe you wouldn't want that for the environment. (05/16/2007)

By ruth valley gal