BirthdayGifts

Birthday Cake in a Box Gift

I created a little girl's birthday gift that did not need to be wrapped. I am the world's worst wrapper and did not want to add the cost of the gift with wrapping paper and a card. I bought a $3 rubbermaid red plastic container with a lid on it. I filled it with cake mix, frosting, sprinkles, and candles. The little girl absolutely loved her "birthday cake in a box" and could not wait to help her mother make it. The mother commented that it was the most creative and thoughtful birthday gift she had ever seen!

By Amylucille from Fremont, Ohio

What a fantastic idea!

I LOVE THAT IDEA, THANK YOU

I did this very thing once but with the idea in mind that I would teach a group of children how to cook/bake. I spent more by supplying all they needed because I planned to offer the classes at the local recreation center rooms for rent for such things.

It's been so long that I forgot why it never got done, but the idea looked so good then and now that I may still do it should I ever get enough money again. I wound up giving each container away as birthday gifts, which were greatly appreciated.

Children love different things, and these certainly are different gifts! God bless mothers who use their thinking caps often!

I love this idea!!! I can't wait to give it as a gift!!! Thanks!!!!