Organizing Memorabilia for a Retirement Gift

A friend is retiring soon and I am on a committee of people organizing stuff for his retirement. We are organizing a bunch of photographs, letters, cards, and other special items together to honor him.

What would be a good way to present these to him? I have thought seriously about creating a scrapbook, but I do not know his personal taste, so I hesitate to create something permanent. How about compiling all of the items into a notebook with the transparent plastic sleeves? I thought since that is not permanent, he may be able to take those items and do with them what he wants to, like creating a scrapbook or something to his tastes. Would that look tacky? Or if not a notebook, what else would work? I also need to do this without spending a lot of money.

By crazyliblady from KS

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would shop for a masculine looking pretty box with a lid and put all the items in it. Places like Hobby Lobby have a large selection.

I agree about using a box. You could decorate it with photos or things that mean something to him. Maybe put his retirement year on it?

Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts RetirementDecember 21, 2009
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Organized Photos in Box
Organizing Keepsakes and Memorabilia
Retirement Party Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Finding a Good Retirement Community, Houses in a retirement community.
Finding a Good Retirement Community
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:43:17 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.