Copper Pans Turned Blue After Cleaning

I recently cleaned my copper bottom pans. Now there is a blue color on the bottom. How can I get rid of it?

By segodschild from Peoria, IL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Rub the bottom with vinegar and salt.

Vinegar and salt...great idea. You might also try to cover the bottoms with ketchup. Let it sit for a couple of hours, then rinse. Mine come out beautiful!

Thanks for the responses so far. I cleaned the copper with the ketchup and vinegar/salt combination. That's how I got the blue color left behind. Any other ideas?

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 2, 2009
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 22, 2017 at 6:20:53 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.