Coordinating Bedding with Walls

Depending on the color paint on your bedroom walls, you can choice sheets, pillows and blankets that make your room look best. This guide is about coordinating bedding with walls.

March 10, 2016 Flag

So, I am going to paint my bedroom a maroon color. I am so lost on what color of a bed comforter to buy. I thought about getting a maroon one, but I feel like that would be too much maroon. My curtains, dresser, mirror, and bed frame are all white! I was thinking of a maroon and white as well. But I kind of also like the idea of gold and white. I don't know. I am just confused. I am also confused on what type of pattern and style to get on the comforter as well. I need opinions!

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A deep gold color with or without a subtle pattern, possibly in maroon, would be a good color to use with the maroon. This is a classic combination. Accent with pillow shams and accents using all 3 colors.

I was going to suggest a faded rose for the comforter. That might be a good idea if you want to keep the room ultra feminine. Then I decided to try Melody's suggestion. Nice!...and how about some rich cream and emerald accents? Rich!

November 23, 2004 Flag

I am supposed to be moving and I'm getting my own room. When we move, I get to decorate it any way I want. This is the problem, I wanted to paint my walls lime green and hot pink but I can't find a bedspread, sheets, etc to match it. If you know any websites or stores that would help me please let me know. I really had my heart set on those two colors but I can't find any bedding to match, should I just give up or keep looking?

go to http://www.pbteen.com/shop/girls-bedding

I am looking for a lime green and blue bedspread. Do you now where I can find one for a twin or full bed?

I have the same problem!! But I already painted my walls lime green and hot pink! I saw this website Wakeupfrankie.com but it was way to expensive. My dad said santa can`t afford that. I`m eleven.

I have the same ideas as you. believe it or not dELiAs acually has decent collection of bed spreads. Here's the link: http://store.delias.com/browseAll.do?categoryID=1910

Star struck had lime green and hot pink in it and various colors. Good luck with designing, and hope yours turned out as good as mine!

September 6, 2012 Flag

I bought a medium sage color to paint a bedroom. What colors will be good to go with this sage color on my walls (for the bed and window treatments)? The carpet is a medium grey.

By Barbara

Have you consider a peach or apricot? If the room is small, match the window coverings to the wall. Sage and gray are cool colors so a warm color will add visual interest and peach and apricot shades will go with both. Perhaps gray and the warm color as pillow covers on the bed as accents. If the amount of color is small, you could use a deep gray. As long as you stay with tints, tones and shades of these colors, you should be successful. Hope this helps.

When I was choosing paint and other decor, I found the Sherwin Williams website very helpful. You can change colors easily. Hope it's helpful.

I agree with the above post, but I was also thinking of perhaps yellow. Or something with the same color sage in a botanical print. Or go a little darker sage with some white so it's not too dark. Or, just plain white. One of the latest things I've seen is really pretty and very economical for window coverings (curtains) is painter's drop cloths. Just put in the grommits for the curtain hooks and it's gorgeous. Then you could buy some iron on trim to trim them out on the edges or bottom or top if you like. Google drop cloth curtains and I'm sure you'll get instructions. Hope this helps.

Perhaps a cranberry red. I think it would be just gorgeous with the sage, especially with fall coming and around Christmas! You can always go to a lighter color in the spring.

May 11, 2009 Flag

Has anyone got any ideas what colour I should paint my bedroom, that will go with pale pink bedding and curtains? I was looking at a very pale pink from Dulux (Blossom white), but am not sure if this will be too much pink. Any ideas? This is the bedding:

By Maiseyg from UK

I think a pale taupe would look nice.

Pale sage green.

Soft white color.

Silvery gray.

I wouldn't do all pink though. Lots of clashing could go on.

If you can post a picture of your bedroom with the color paint you finally choose, love to see your results!

I'm a big fan of sage, or in this case you could do a deeper pink

Very pretty bedding. I would like the taupe or sage green.

My mother used a trick once and I've used it many times and it is so simple as to be hard to believe!

She painted the walls an off-white color. Then when she decorated the room the drapes she hung were the color that she wanted the walls to be. For instance, in my brother's room she hung blue drapes. The sun coming thru the drapes cast a blue tint to the entire room, including the walls!

In my room she did the same with pink. My walls had a nice pink color to them, simply from the sun shining thru the drapes!

April 6, 2009 Flag

I am decorating my 2 year olds room and I just purchased new bedding that is pink and brown. I do not want to paint her room pink because my older daughters' room is pink. Does anyone have any suggestions on what other colors would go with this. Do you think a light purple would be ok? I don't know what to do. I have attached a picture of the bedding.

By Javoletta from NY

I think most any soft color would go nicely, pale green, yellow, blue, tan. I love the bedding--I think that color scheme could last for years!

I would paint the room a sage green. It would go nice with the pink and the brown. Would be a nice contrast so the pink and brown doesn't get overpowering.

You may think that I'm crazy, but a light gray would be really nice. I know most people would never pick gray for a childs room, but the bedding is so bright and high energy, I think the gray would look nice. If you look at your picture at the window, I don't know if that is the curtain rod or the window showing through above the curtain, but the gray looks great against the other colors. I would go a little lighter shade of the gray but not too much.

I'd go with something neutral like cream/beige. Love the bedding. That's adorable! PICO's gray idea isn't bad either. Then her next theme can be purple and gray. That would be cute. Pink walls would be way too much pink. If you want the bedding to be the highlight of the room choose a boring wall color.

December 2, 2009 Flag

What color bedspread would go well with maroon colored walls and black furniture?

By Lauren from NY

A real popular combination used to be maroon/burgandy and pink. In fact occasionally I still see people in that color combination. You could also look for a print, stripe, or plaid that has that color in it.

I think you need to lighten it up since you have the black in there. I'd go for white or a cream, depending on which tone fit.

Gold

cream

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BedroomDecember 21, 2013
Bedding in a laundry basket.
Uses for Old Bedding
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄