Making Wrist Corsages

By LaVelle Weaver 1

My parents' church is having a Church Homecoming in July. I have been asked to make or find someone to make 30 wrist corsages. I would like to make them and save the church some money. Can anyone give me some easy steps in making wrist corsages?

Thank You,
Velvet from Belleville, MI

Showing: Answers Sort

By Donna 2 40 Flag

I have made two wrist corsages for my daughter for formal dances. The tip I would give is to buy the base to make the corsage on at a store like Micheal's or some other craft or sewing store and then go from there.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

To save time and money try using the stretchy hair bungies. Adding a few artifical flowers and baby's breathe to these make a great keepsake. They come in many colors and are usually in packs of 50. Remember to get the big ones to fit everyone's wrist. (or even better, if you can find the fabric hair scrunchies on sale at your local Dollar store)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I made corsages for my son's date and the dates of several of his friends. It's real easy. I just went to www.michaels.com, typed in corsage in the search. It will give you several instruction sheets. You can follow theirs exactly or get creative and make your own originals. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have made my daughter some wrist corsages for homecoming/prom, and I go to the local flower shop to get the base for my wrist corsage. Its cheap and works perfectly. They are called wristlets.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Can someone tell me how to put it on a wristlet?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I recently went to Michaels to buy a wristlet to make a wrist corsage and they no longer sell the wristlets, so save your time and travel to Michaels. I went to Walmart and bought elastic that you would put in waistbands for clothing and a package of floss bobbins to mount the flowers on (you'll only use one floss bobbin, but they come in a pack for $1.33). I simply used hot glue and silk flowers and some ribbon and the whole thing cost me under $8.00. It was for my son's girlfriend's prom.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have found the wristlets at A C Moore's art stores

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Melissa 2 Flag

Here are some super easy directions on making an easy wrist corsage:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4824907_easy-wrist-corsage.html

I made these for my daughter's homecoming and they turned out great!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A sweet pink corsage worn by a girl in a pink dress.
Homemade Corsage Ideas
Previous
Crafts FloralMay 18, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Making a Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Homemade Corsage Ideas
closeup of floral wrist corsage
Making a Fabric Wrist Corsage
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 5:46:12 PM on 10.0.1.67 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings