Making a Juice Box Holder

Does any body have ideas on how I can make my own juice box holder for my kids? I am tired of having to squeeze my sons juice box from McDonald's into his sippee cup because he can't hold the juice box without squeezing it onto himself. I have seen juice box holders for sale online but not in stores, and I don't really like buying online, especially when I have to pay shipping for such a small product.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Aeowyn from Cincinnati

Best Answer

Some of the cans that meats come in may work like treat meat or Spam. Try looking at your cans before tossing them out and see if the juice boxes slide in and out of them easily to fit. Even Bandaid boxes may fit them. Most cans now have non sharp edges around them. Just an idea. It seems like I saw those plastic ones at the Dollar Tree, but not for sure. You could call and ask them.

Best Answer

When my grandson wants a juice box my daughter just peels up the two top ends and makes "ears" for him to hold. No spills and no having to remember to carry a plastic holder with you. Hope this helps :)

Best Answer

Hi Aeowyn,

I just put the juice box into a mug. My kids hold onto the handle of the mug, no squeezing.

i always bought juice box holders cheap at marc stores or any other discount stores when i saw thenm and kept them in the diaper bag or on the go bag they are pretty cheap i think no more then like a dollar something

I would buy the juice boxes and pull up the flaps on the sides of the boxes. That gave my kids "handles" so they could hold the boxes without squeezing.

What I do is I keep a pair of scissors in my purse and cut the flap and pour it in her sippy cup real easy and I keep a plastic bag as a trash bag. Daughter is autistic and doesn't like to drink from a straw and would make a mess with the juice boxes. Also I keep them in the house so when kids come over they have some to drink for outside or at dinner. Kids I watch sometimes.

Thanks to all of you for those wonderful ideas! I would have never thought of those things. I love Thrifty Fun!

Here is a pattern. About.com is a wonderful site-sign up - it's free

http://sewing.about.com/od/bagstotespurseproject/ss/canwrap.htm

Make Your Own MiscellaneousJune 24, 2008
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
🎉
🎄