Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Hair Damaged By Perm

How do I repair my badly damaged hair after a perm?

By Sarah

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By <3Hair<301/19/2013

Your hair is burnt. I've been here and I'm still here. There's some step you can take to improve this but its just going to take time.
1. Take eggs and crack them into a bowl. Stir together then put on your day hair let sit 30-40 minutes. Rise with cold water.

2. Go to Sally. You will need a reconstructing shampoo and conditioner. Also you will need; coconut milk or oil leave in conditioner and deep conditioning treatment. (There is a very good product called "Wen" Google it.) I would highly recommend it. If you do get all they offer make sure you still buy coconut oil still because this will keep the frizz down. If you dont get "Wen" then Read step 3)

3. Use Reconstructing shampoo and conditionar on your hair every day followed be the Leave in conditioner then the coconut oil. Deep condition it every other day.

Note: Do NOT use heat and if you can help it dont brush it. Maybe just run you finger throught it because the more you brush it the fuzzier your hair will get and the more it will fall out.
Any extra questions please E-mail me at hot_mrc AT yahoo.com

11/19/2012

Please help. I am 15. I have bleach blond hair. I had it permed last night and it is coming out in lumps and very dry. Please help me.

By Alizaren [1]02/26/2011

Honestly, once hair is damaged there is not much you can do to repair it. There are silicone products that will make it seem more conditioned and soft, but these are a temporary fix as all conditioners eventually wash out and/or wear off. The only way to fix damaged hair is to cut it. You can get salon treatments that will help temporarily soften it, but all in all hair can not be "repaired" once it is damaged. An honest hair dresser will tell you to keep trimming it or cut it. I've been in the hair business for over 20 years, and there is not one product that can "fix" damaged hair.

By metroplex [81]02/24/2011

I had a friend whose jealous hairdresser boyfriend literally ruined her hair with a perm. I've never seem hair that was so broken or looked melted.

She went to a salon and told them what happened. They recommended a series of deep conditioning treatments given by the salon. They also recommended regular trims to try to even out the hair to a more even length all around.

I don't know if this will work for your problem, but it's a great hair conditioner. Take some regular mayonaisse and put a lot of it on your dampened, clean hair. Wrap plastic around your head and keep it on for at least an hour. Rinse well and shampoo with deep conditioning shampoo. Then use a leave in conditioner. It couldn't hurt.

I'm sorry to hear of your problem and hope someone can help you.

Good luck.