Hair Damaged By Perm

How do I repair my badly damaged hair after a perm?

By Sarah

Best Answer

I had a friend whose jealous hairdresser boyfriend literally ruined her hair with a perm. I've never seem hair that was so broken or looked melted.

She went to a salon and told them what happened. They recommended a series of deep conditioning treatments given by the salon. They also recommended regular trims to try to even out the hair to a more even length all around.

I don't know if this will work for your problem, but it's a great hair conditioner. Take some regular mayonaisse and put a lot of it on your dampened, clean hair. Wrap plastic around your head and keep it on for at least an hour. Rinse well and shampoo with deep conditioning shampoo. Then use a leave in conditioner. It couldn't hurt.

I'm sorry to hear of your problem and hope someone can help you.

Good luck.

Best Answer

Honestly, once hair is damaged there is not much you can do to repair it. There are silicone products that will make it seem more conditioned and soft, but these are a temporary fix as all conditioners eventually wash out and/or wear off. The only way to fix damaged hair is to cut it. You can get salon treatments that will help temporarily soften it, but all in all hair can not be "repaired" once it is damaged. An honest hair dresser will tell you to keep trimming it or cut it. I've been in the hair business for over 20 years, and there is not one product that can "fix" damaged hair.

Best Answer

Your hair is burnt. I've been here and I'm still here. There's some step you can take to improve this but its just going to take time.

1. Take eggs and crack them into a bowl. Stir together then put on your day hair let sit 30-40 minutes. Rise with cold water.

2. Go to Sally. You will need a reconstructing shampoo and conditioner. Also you will need; coconut milk or oil leave in conditioner and deep conditioning treatment. (There is a very good product called "Wen" Google it.) I would highly recommend it. If you do get all they offer make sure you still buy coconut oil still because this will keep the frizz down. If you dont get "Wen" then read step 3.

3. Use Reconstructing shampoo and conditionar on your hair every day followed be the Leave in conditioner then the coconut oil. Deep condition it every other day.

Note: Do NOT use heat and if you can help it dont brush it. Maybe just run you finger throught it because the more you brush it the fuzzier your hair will get and the more it will fall out.

no that wen product is what brought my hair out . I guess it was not for black women hair.

Wen makes your hair fall out and there are lawsuits against the company for this. Also coconut oil thins and destroys hair over time. Look up lauric acid hair growth inhibitor to find out more on this. If you want to know about useful herbs and dosages from somebody whose tried all sorts of things since a perm( many of which caused more damage). Email me.

Best Answer

Mine did the same. My hair was super long and blonde, down to my butt. It's currently brown and to my shoulders. I got my home perm almost a year ago, and I've cut off so much since.

My hair felt elastic and would fall out but not a lot. My hair also was really thick and now it's kind of thin. I use a keratin shampoo and conditioner, Moroccan deep conditioner, coconut oil, black tea rinse, everything. My hair has grown out about 7-8 inches since then. Still really frizzy.

I'm cutting off the perm inch by inch every month. My hair grows pretty fast too which is amazing. Everything will be fine, I still use heat on my hair but it's not often, probably 3 times a month which is way less than what I used to.

I promise that your hair will be back to normal in no time. I'm currently rocking the lob right now, and I love it, but I'm ready to have my long hair back.

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to me. I have super thin fine hair and my perm dried my hair out so bad and the ends split and it was horrible. I took conditioner out of a box of hair dye and wet my hair and put the conditioner all through it and really laid it on thick. Then I wrapped my hair in a towel and left the conditioner on for 20 minutes. Then I rinsed it out and let it dry a bit then did the process again for 30 minutes. The major thing is to get moister back into your hair. This process worked really well for me. So it might be worth a try.

Anonymous

Please help. I am 15. I have bleach blond hair. I had it permed last night and it is coming out in lumps and very dry. Please help me.

Im 14 . My hair was bleached. I permed it about 2 or 3 weeks after it was bleached. When I got the perm my hair was feeling like elastic and falling out real bad. It felt real bouncy and it wasn't feeling normal at all. After I dried it with a blow dryer my hair was real rough and completely dry. Now its been like 2 weeks and its still falling out a little bit. I put all kinds of leave in conditioners, motion shampoo and leave in conditioner, and some mane and tail leave in conditioner it.

I have a bad perm. Frizzy. I go back to work Monday. After a summer off. I will try these methods tomorrow. Thank You, Vickie

Anonymous

Well you can't really "undo" the damage, just keep getting trims until all your hair is healthy again :) I had a REALLY badly damaged hair like you (same story), and until my hair grew out, I was using the Shielo Smoothing Conditioner - this really helped restore the damage in like 2 days! I highly recommend them - Shielo Smoothing Conditioner - works miracles on damaged hair.

My mom recently also got a bad keratin treatment....she is now using all my Shielo Conditioner, but its restoring her hair!

How do i fix my hair after a bad perm its badly dry and brittel cant do anything with it. Please help