Main DishesRecipes

Unstuffed Stuffed Cabbage Recipe

I am looking for recipe for unstuffed stuffed cabbage; I have one using instant rice, but was not happy with the results.

By Doris from Parma, OH

Answers

Anonymous

I found a recipe years ago for unstuffed cabbage. I hope this is what you are looking for. Use a pan that you would make a cake in...grease the sides and the botton of the pan with crisco (not liquid crisco) or something you normally grease your pan with. Wash and cut the cabbage in small pieces and put it in the bottom of the pan. Remember that the cabbage will shrink so you can put quite a bit of the cabbage in the pan. Brown your hamburger one pound to one and one half pounds with some onion. Drain it and put it over the top of the cabbage.

I use white rice, uncooked, and put that over the hamburger and onion. I just guess on the rice...use enough so that you can see the rice but don't overdue it. Mix two cans of tomato soup with two cans of water in a large bowl. Pour this over your cabbage, etc. mixture. Cover this with foil, bake in a 350 oven about an hour, but check before you take it out of the oven to be sure that rice is cooked. When done, fluff up with a fork. I know this sounds very time consuming but it really isn't and is really very easy to make. Makes a very enjoyable meal. Be careful when you take the foil off as you do not want to get scalded by the steam.