Gizmo (Ragdoll)

This is Gizmo. He is 8 years old and a Ragdoll. I got Gizmo when he was 7 weeks old from my son's friend whose cat had kittens.

He really doesn't do all that much, but he has to be wherever I am including the bathroom! My husband says that Gizmo will stand by the door when I'm outside or at the store and meow until I come back. He thinks he's a dog!

Hi. Well, well, isn't Gizmo just the cutest fur baby! My daughter has 2 Rags, their names are Lira & Denaro. I call them my Grand-Cats. They are VERY spoiled and sleep on the bed with them at night.

Hugs to your fur baby, and good health.

I love your cat...beautiful. I decided to find out and learn what a ragdoll cat is and found the reading interesting and educational. This cat has a great personality with kids, other pets and is very gentle and makes me want one now.

I too have a cat who always has to be wherever I am. Pest is my 20lb baby. He knows when I get his harness and leash out, he is going to get to go outside and chase crickets. This cat is afraid of nothing, including dogs. He and Max (my 10lb grey tabby) love chasing each other all over the apartment. I got Pest from a customer who could not keep him and I got Max at a no-kill shelter. Both are neutered and spoiled rotten.

June 7, 2011 Flag

Gizmo was an 11 year old "Ragdoll". My youngest son brought him home when his friends cat had kittens back in 1999. We lost our beloved Gizmo due to kidney problems back in January of this year. I still miss him sleeping next to me at night.

By Irene

A ragdoll grey and white cat with blue eyes.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, he was one of the most beautiful kitties I have ever known. And we got him for free! I miss him a lot and find myself crying every once in a while, even after 5 months.

What a beautiful cat. I recently lost my mini-doxie and the pain is awful. I understand your loss.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Gizmo but please know he's watching over you from Rainbow Bridge!

Four Feet In Heaven

Your favorite chair is vacant now

no eager purrs to greet me

no softly padded paws to run

ecstatically to meet me

No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry

will say it's time for feeding

I've put away your bowl, and all

the things you won't be needing

But I will miss you little friend

for I could never measure

the happiness you brought me

the comfort and the pleasure

And since God put you here to share

in earthly joy and sorrow

I'm sure there'll be a place for you

in Heaven's bright tomorrow

Alice E. Chase

My heart goes out to you Irene. I've lost beloved kitties in the past and I am still feeling their loss. They will always have their special place in my heart for as long as I live.

When you can, you might want to adopt another kitty who needs you and is waiting to share their life with you. It would be a tribute to your Gizmo to pass along the love he gave to you.

Gizmo was such a beautiful kitty boy. I know you are thankful for the years you had together.

Julia and Sir Catty-Kit (Helping Mommy make the Christmas Wreath)

Ragdoll Cat
Ragdoll Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets CatsSeptember 16, 2008