Whipping Evaporated Milk

Can evaporated milk be whipped, the way cream can be?

By Lorraine from Victoria, B.C.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes. Everything must be very, very cold--milk, bowl and beaters. Google "how to whip evaporated milk" and you will find lots of sites.

You can whip evaporated milk but I have a hard time doing so-even when all utensils are ice cold. I have tried maybe 5 times and only twice did it work well.

Good luck if you try and hope it turns out!

Yes I've done many times. I put the can in the freezer until it starts to get crystals in it, then whip it in a cold bowl

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMarch 24, 2011
 Evaporated Milk
Substitutions for Milk in Recipes
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:51:18 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.