Use Non-Slip Mat When Trimming Pet's Nails

A little tip for those of you who trim their own pet's nails. I found that it is very easy to stop your pet from slipping around on the table or bench by using a piece of non-slip rubber mat that can be bought from many stores.

I picked up about 3 meters in a roll for only a couple of dollars at a $2 shop. Cut the pieces to suit the standing size of your pet, and you will find that the dog will not slide around and feel unsafe at all. It washes in the machine or by hand easily, and is light and it can be thrown in a cupboard or drawer until needed. It is also great for a bath mat - no slipping and sliding.

In fact it's useful for many things, like opening tight jar lids, in the sink for delicate washing, draining cutlery, all sorts of things. Get that imagination going!

By Vicki from Oz (Queensland, Australia)

Yes, this is a great idea. I have some in the bottom of the bath when I wash my two dogs to stop them slipping & hurting themselves. PS love your little dog.

Interesting idea. I have always held my dogs in my lap to trim their nails. It seems to reassure them. I don't think they would like standing on a flat surface while their nails are trimmed.

Trimming Your Dog's Nails, A person using dog nail trimmers.
Trimming Your Dog's Nails
Photos Pets DogsAugust 19, 2010
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Trimming Your Cat's Nails, An orange Persian cat having it's nails trimmed.
Trimming Your Cat's Nails
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails