Places to Have a Party Near Silver Spring Maryland

My best friend Brigette has gone through a lot this year, what with her mum and her best friend dyeing and becoming an orphan. It's sad but true. This Sunday is her 18th birthday and I wanted to give her something spectacular to show her that all of her friends are still here and still love and care about her.

I have everything planed out, the only problem is that I have no idea where to have the party at. I was going to use a field, but that required a permit which costed over 300 dollars. My friends and I don't have even close to that much.

I was just wondering if someone knew of a place somewhere near Silver Spring Maryland that we could have her party at. This really means a lot to me, and it would show Brigette that she's not alone.

Katrina from Takoma Park Maryland

Do you have a city Parks and Recreation building that leases out rooms for parties?

How about parks and their covered picnic areas? You can reserve one in advance near your area and then if the weather isn't good you still have a covered area to meet and cook.We went to Cameron Run for a wedding picnic on the Potomac near DC (in Alexandria,north of 95) that was wonderful.Looks like Northest Branch Park is near you and huge, any facilities there? If it is really cold weather, see if you can use a church room or community center room for a small amount.Stay with charitable, free or people oriented organization.These people are young, so I would head for the park and dress warm. Have a ball. Jill

Hi Katrina,

I meant Northwest Park,lol. It is a huge park and cose to Silver Spring. It is Montgomery County Parks & Rec. A rec center costs $152 for 4 hours on a weekend, that sounds reasonable. Here is their website to look over facilities and charges. you can book online and reserve now.

Does anyone know where I can find a private well kept field in Maryland. I would use one of County or State rentals, but can afford more and need more flexibility.

Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceOctober 5, 2006
Cleaning Silver, Silver tea pot with an antique Chinese tea cup and saucer.
Cleaning Silver
silver tea pot
Determining Silver Plate vs. Sterling Silver
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Woman Polishing Silver
Preventing Silver from Tarnishing