Frugal Party Locations

Category Planning
Having a party away from home does not have to be expensive. This is a guide about frugal party locations.

Most banks have a conference room with a seperate entrance that they will let their customers (those with accounts) use either free, or for just a few dollars (to cover electric use). These rooms are even available on weekends when the bank is not open.

Most have small kitchens in them and they are wonderful for showers, dinners and small parties as the bank supplies all the tables and chairs as well. Some require a deposit, but return the deposit (often your check uncashed) after they inspect the room the following day.

By April from NW, MO

I want to throw a party for my boyfriend and I need a place that's good and won't cost me a lot. I need something that's for teens and adults. It has to have enough space for everyone but not be too big either.

By Brittany from Rockford, IL

Answers

Limit the number of guests to the number that you can entertain in your home. That is the least expensive. I have heard that sometimes Senior Citizen Centers will rent out space quite inexpensively. But in my opinion no matter how low cost the rent would be it would be too much, when you can use your own residence.

Parks usually have free or very inexpensive picnic shelters that you can reserve. You can do a potluck and bring a grill. And, you can set up a volleyball or plan on playing frisbee or other sports. If you are planning on eating out many restaurants have party rooms that you can reserve. Usually they don't cost anything other than the price of the food you buy.

I have to agree with fletc3her. I would have posted the same suggestion, especially at this nice time of year. Usually the outside areas with picnic tables are free and the shelter covered ones are a minimal amount, at least in my experience. They work out great and the kids have room to run around.

There's a place called Big Al's where my son lives. It has a large bowling alley, too expensive, I know. But there are also all kinds of games for people of all ages there. You can get a large table and then ask people to pay for their own games and food. You can provide cake and ice cream. I've seen several places in Oregon like this. One has a buffet that's quite cheap. Just an idea!

My best friend Brigette has gone through a lot this year, what with her mum and her best friend dyeing and becoming an orphan. It's sad but true. This Sunday is her 18th birthday and I wanted to give her something spectacular to show her that all of her friends are still here and still love and care about her.

I have everything planed out, the only problem is that I have no idea where to have the party at. I was going to use a field, but that required a permit which costed over 300 dollars. My friends and I don't have even close to that much.

I was just wondering if someone knew of a place somewhere near Silver Spring Maryland that we could have her party at. This really means a lot to me, and it would show Brigette that she's not alone.

Katrina from Takoma Park Maryland

Answers

Do you have a city Parks and Recreation building that leases out rooms for parties?

Katrina,
How about parks and their covered picnic areas? You can reserve one in advance near your area and then if the weather isn't good you still have a covered area to meet and cook.We went to Cameron Run for a wedding picnic on the Potomac near DC (in Alexandria,north of 95) that was wonderful.Looks like Northest Branch Park is near you and huge, any facilities there? If it is really cold weather, see if you can use a church room or community center room for a small amount.Stay with charitable, free or people oriented organization.These people are young, so I would head for the park and dress warm. Have a ball. Jill

Hi Katrina,
I meant Northwest Park,lol. It is a huge park and cose to Silver Spring. It is Montgomery County Parks & Rec. A rec center costs $152 for 4 hours on a weekend, that sounds reasonable. Here is their website to look over facilities and charges. you can book online and reserve now. http://www.perm … Start/Start.html

Jill

Does anyone know where I can find a private well kept field in Maryland. I would use one of County or State rentals, but can afford more and need more flexibility.

I need to throw a cheap 40th Birthday party for Sister-in-Law! We would love to do a party at a club or bar but we all know how expensive that can be! We all like to drink and enjoy music. My home is too small to house all the people we need to accommodate. Please assist with ideas, I want to make this day special.
Thanks so much!

Jennypoohster from NJ

Answers

in my area...it is a large city. Starbuck's, YES..
StarBuck's has a private room that you can use for
FREE.....all that you have to do is reserve it for 3 hours. They do have a limit on the time you can use the room...it would also be nice if you purchased something from them while using the room...

Also....you might use a downstairs room at a church for free or a reasonable fee. Offer to clean something for them...or do something for the use of the room...

if you know of a realtor or have a friend who is a realtor...you might use a living room of a house for sale for 3 hours and then clean it for them.

perhaps one of the guests who will be invited might have a rec-room that could be borrowed for the party. Do something nice for the person..

Give a dinner party for the group at a Restaurant...
you don't have to rent a room for that and have the gift giving at the Restaurant. I've given several parties at an Oriental Restaurant where they serve
family style. They were fun parties...

Wish you luck in your quest.

If the weather permits, have you ever thought of an outdoor park? There is usually running water nearby and the proverbial outhouses. Won't have much in the way of clean-up.

Rent an Elk's Club or American Legion meeting hall. Have a karaoke machine and DJ.

For his mother's 40th BD, my stepson appeared out of a cake as a Chippendale-type guy in thong and bow tie! She didn't know he would be there, and was totally rocked out by it once she recognized him!.

Or have a party in a food serving place that's usually closed then, like in a bakery. Or in a recreation hall for a living complex, or a senior center building.

What is a good place to go for a birthday party?

Dale from Lancashire

Answers

Not enough info. Is it for you or a child. Do you want to pay or free?

If you regularly attend church, synagog or mosque, I'm sure they'd let you use their general-use room or fellowship hall. Same goes for affiliations with American Legion, VFW, etc.

I am looking for a place to hold a luau in or around Hagerstown, MD. It needs to have an outdoor area as well as a indoor or covered area with a restroom. We need to be able to have alcohol on the premises. It would also need to be open/available after dusk. Any help?

By LP from Hagerstown, MD

Answers

Call your Chamber of Commerce maybe they can help, good luck.

I am looking for a place in June/July for a party for a graduate, something fun yet more mature than my 8 year old's birthday party, mentioned in separate request.

By LP from Hagerstown, MD

I am looking for a place to hold a birthday party for an 8 year old girl in Hagerstown, MD. Any ideas? Maybe a place to rent an indoor pool.

By LP from Hagerstown, MD