Painting a Kitchen With Mahogany Cabinets and Green Granite Countertops

Please help. I recently bought a condo. The kitchen is very small, but very nice. The cabinets are mahogany and the counter top is green granite, a beautiful light green with dark green waves of color and some rust or brown spots in it.

I am having such a difficult time choosing a color for the walls. There are places the paint will be next to the cabinets and on top of the granite. Can you please help me? I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

By Pesh from FL

It sounds beautiful. I personally would go with a rust color on the walls to harmonize with the rust in the granite. I wouldn't go too dark with the paint as the cabinets are dark. Or a sage green to go with the green in the granite.

I would go with a shade or two darker than the countertop. It would add a nice background without taking all the attention!

Here's more on painting:

http://www.oldh  e-painting.shtml

Taupe - which is neutral and earthy. It will let the cabinets and counter shine without crowding or shouting above them.

Taupe is a mix of gray/olive/brown. Happy painting.

Don't go dark & blend your appliances also. google Valspar color charts

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 17, 2010
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 12:46:24 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.