Removing Bed From Sofa

My couch/sofa bed is old but still looks great and would be easy to slip cover but no one likes the pull out bed. Can I remove the sofa bed inside and still have a usable couch? Thanks,

Jois

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Most hide a beds in sofas are the support for your sofa coushions. They hold the weigh of the people sitting. I went to askjeeves and typed in sofa bed disassembly and found several companys that will do it but nothing do it yourself. Sorry :(

Can you keep a mattress topper rolled up in an upstairs closet for when you need it as a bed? I'm thinking of an egg-crate foam sheet about four inches thick. I slept on my grandmother's hideabed and survived!

You might be able to remove the mattress from the sofa bed, but the rest of the mechanism is best left in as it supports the frame and surface cushions I believe.

I don't understand that nobody likes the pull out bed.

Who would see it if you re-covered it. Who would know but you and I'm sure it would look nice.

I don't think I would disasseble it.

I had a pull out couch bed and you would never know it was one.

December 13, 2012 Flag

I have an old sofa bed that I no longer use the bed portion. I have dire need of extra space, so I was wondering if anyone has ever converted a sofa bed into a storage couch?

By Brandie L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Very interesting! I was searching how to revamp my hide-a-bed sofa to a storage sofa. I'm thinking it would work to frame the inside out with wood and a hinge top. Good Luck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureAugust 13, 2007
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:49:39 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.