Cleaning and Restoring a Clawfoot Bathtub

I would like to know how to restore the clawfoot porcelain tub that I have. It's the inside that needs help, it's green in spots and has some rust and what looks like tape residue. Any one have any tips? I am out of ideas. Thanks.

By Frankie from Ontario, Canada

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think possibly you could scour the spots clean with baking soda or some non abrasive method. The spots could be concealed by a spray on enamel paint. For a beautiful finish though I would call in a professional. I was fortunate to find mine intact and excellent condition. They are worth the effort at the first soak.

I don't think this is a job to be done at home; I would call in a professional.

Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 18, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A claw foot tub in a bathroom.
Cleaning a Bleach Stain in a Claw Foot Tub
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:52:39 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.