Refurbishing a Dresser

Everyone has an old dresser or end table in their garage, right? Well, times are hard and I'm strapped for money, so what I did is hand sanded an old dresser my mom/dad gave me one year for Christmas. It was out of style and I definitely did not want to get rid of it.

I like decorating anything "shabby chic or beachy", so after sanding it to remove shiny varnish, I hand painted it a pale pink, removed hardware/dresser knobs and put wood putty in some of the holes and replaced knobs with acrylic ones! I know have a brand new dresser to keep for years to come and it fits in with my decor. I have even done mirror frames, wrought iron tables, and believe it or not, paper towel holders. You can transform anything with paint!

By teejerball from Zebulon, NC

I have a couple of old dressers that I painted white. They just seem to fade into the room, making the room appear larger and giving the illusion of more space.

Dresser in the process of being painted black
Refurbishing a Dresser
Crafts FurnitureJune 29, 2010
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Antique cabinet with drawer open
Removing Odors From Dresser Drawers
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
🎄