Grass for Shade and Dogs

I need your help. Part of my yard is really shady and I am having trouble with grass growing there. Is there a certain type of grass that I should try to plant in that area? I also need something that is not fragile as I have pets that have the run of the yard.

By Paula from mid MO

Answers

Your going to need some garden lime to correct the soil where brown spots occur. Sprinkle it on and water it in good. In some places you may need to loosen soil and replant seed. But cover the seeded area with something like straw after you water it well. It will help keep moisture in til the seeds sprout.

Dogs in Yard with Grass
Growing Grass in a Yard with Dogs
Home and Garden Gardening LawnOctober 23, 2010
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Shade Tree
Shade Tree Recommendations
🎄