Browsing: Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash

Baby socks are very small and easy to lose track of in the laundry. Keeping you baby socks together will making putting your baby's clothes away much easier after the wash is done. This is a guide about keeping baby socks together in the wash.

Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 6, 2010 Flag

After having a baby, I quickly learned how easily baby socks can get lost in the wash. Even if my son's tiny socks made it through the full laundry cycle, I was finding myself spending considerable time matching the socks with their mates. That's when it occurred to me! I saw a safety pin sitting on my table and decided to try safety pinning the socks together before they got thrown into the dirty laundry!

This has proven to be the best time saving trick I've ever implemented! So much so that I have even started safety pinning my own socks before they go into the wash! I highly recommend you give this one a try - you won't regret it and will quickly realize how much time you were unnecessarily spending matching socks.

By brsimons from Milwaukee, WI

December 6, 2010 Flag

Put your baby's tiny socks into a zippered lingerie bag when you put them in the washing machine. They won't get lost, so this cuts down on unmatched socks and the subsequent replacement costs.

By Lisa

October 7, 2010 Flag

I use an under-bed organizer with dividers to sort my socks right out of the dryer. Each member of my household has a slot. Then when I go to match the socks up, the are already all in one place per person, and the "leftovers" have a place to live until their mates show up.

By Lori from Minneapolis, MN

Answers:

Keeping Track of Socks

Good Idea. I have a "clothesline" in the laundry room. If I have a sock without a mate, I safety pin it to that clothesline until the mate shows up. Easy to see and pretty much out of the way.

Julia in Boca Raton, FL (03/13/2010)

By PookaRina

June 24, 2010 Flag

I had a full-time job, and didn't have time to sort socks when I did the laundry. I bought different size pins and had my daughter and my husband pin their socks together when they took them off. They were laundered with the pin in, and never got mixed up with any other socks. They took the pin out when they wore them and kept the pin for them when they took them off again.

By Jeannette from Cumberland, MD

Answers:

Safety Pin Socks Together Before Washing

I've tried that and the noise it makes in the dryer isn't worth the small convenience. (05/19/2010)

By Thursday_Next

I used to do this with baby socks since I had a washer that ate them. I had large diaper pins which I used. I put all my dirty baby socks on one pin and kept spare pins for extra loads. I did this for school socks, too. (05/21/2010)

By MartyD

May 19, 2010 Flag

Having raised 4 daughters I always had tons of single socks to pair up. Many remained mysteriously single.

March 3, 2010 Flag

Tips to help keep socks together.

January 7, 2010 Flag

I use safety pins to keep socks together when washing. No more losing one sock. I also put a color stripe on sock so I know whose is whose.

July 20, 2009 Flag

To save time and keep socks from losing their mates, I use safety pins to keep them together before tossing in the laundry basket.

July 20, 2009 Flag

Use a safety pin to keep socks together while doing laundry. It's so worth the time to safety pin them together right when you put them in the dirty clothes hamper.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 14, 2011
Craft Ideas for Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 1:14:30 AM on 10.0.1.53 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.