Making Fabric Water Repellent

You can not always find water repellent fabric for craft projects or you may want to treat a piece of clothing. Perhaps the fabric or garment you have chosen can be treated and made water repellent. This is a guide about making fabric water repellent.

Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.

How do you make fabric water repellent? I want to make the cotton/poly fabric of an outdoor canopy I made water repellent. Scotchgard is somewhat expensive for a spray can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

By emdee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have used "Thompson's Water Sealer" for decks on all type of fabric for outside use. I have even used it on a tent and silk flowers I placed in my garden. Worked great for me! I just pour some in a spray bottle and toss out the bottle when finished with the project. Good Luck!

Read More Answers...
Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 18, 2013
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:17:44 PM on 10.0.0.17 in 378 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.