Starching a Tablecloth

What do I use to starch a tablecoth?

Evelyn from Edmonton, Canada

Get you some spray starch

Spray good

Get out that iron and press

Works Great.

You can usually find this spray starch at a $1.00 Store.

I take the tablecloth out of the dryer just before it is completely dry and spay with niagra spray starch and iron away

It then goes directly on the table and looks BEAUTIFUL

Are you meaning a "cloth" tablecloth or a crocheted or "lace" tablecloth ?

you can still get boxes of starch that you mix with water if you are doing something crocheted. just follow the directions on the box and block it out in a flat spot to dry. if you don't know how to block it to get the ruffles or frills you want you might google it and see if there are pictures. i've seen hair rollers used to get the big wavy ruffles.

otherwise i'd use spray starch. you can get either one in the laundry isle at the market.

I use Light Body Magic Sizing and it works great. The way I iron a table cloth is to fold it half and iron one side of it being careful not to iron the center fold. Then I turn the tablecloth over and iron the other side being careful not to iron the center fold. When both sides are complete, I iron the center fold. Makes a tablecloth, especially a large one much more manageable.

Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsAugust 18, 2006
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Jeans
Starching Jeans
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 11:06:25 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.