Use Plastic Bags As Temporary Gloves

When I have a quick need to do a small paint job I use plastic bags for gloves. When finished I throw them out.

By Mary C. from Newark, CA

I do the same thing in the grocery store when i reach for bloody meats in trays etc. i put the bag over my hand get the item and trun the bag back onto it wrong side, less germs recieved on your hands.

The bags work well when painting and taking a break. Put your brushes in the bag and take your break. It saves time and the mess of cleaning the brushes each time you want time off from painting.

I love those plastic bags. Hadn't thought about using one when picking up meat out of the counter at the grocery store. That's also a great idea especially when you are handling chickens. I hate to even put them on the belt at the register.

Great topic. I reuse plastic bags for many things. Handling meat is always a given. The paint brush idea also works well. Another use is for paint brushes that have been used for staining. I learned while doing an extensive staining project that I could save myself some clean up time by eliminating cleaning the brushes out for the the next days use. Simply put the brush in a plastic bag and place it in the FREEZER. In the morning take the brush out of the freezer about 5 minutes before you are ready to begin staining. The bristles are soft and pliable. I did this for several days before tossing out the $3 brush and replacing it. I also use plastic bags when preparing my meals. I am the type that cleans the mess as it is being made. Any vegetable that gets peeled (carrots, onions, potatoes, cucumber) are done so by peeling the skins directly into the bag as I dont have a garbage disposal. The bag of skins is either taken to the compost pile or given to a neighbor for his pigs. Plastic bags are also a great tool for sponge painting. I know, many may feel that this look is outdated. I personally feel it is a matter of preferance and a job well done makes all the difference.

June 1, 2011 Flag

If you don't have your dish washing gloves, and want to keep your manicure nice, just grab a sandwich bag for a temporary solution. Put it over your hand, secure it around your wrist with a hair band, and there you have it!

paint brushes
Craft Painting Tips
Crafts PaintingSeptember 10, 2008
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Fan Patterned Fingerless Gloves
Making Fan Pattern Fingerless Gloves
knitted fingerless gloves
Knitting Fingerless Gloves